Opportunities | May
Our first opportunities on our new website! We hope you are enjoying the new online presence we’re trying to build. We’ll be updating the news section regularly with industry info, opportunities for artists and much more.
Got a tip? Email Thom at firstname.lastname@example.org. But enough from us – check out the all the grant, residency and job info below.
Performing Lines Seeks Co-Tenant In Redfern
We are on the hunt for a co-tenant to share our offices ideally located right in the heart of Redfern. We have around 30sqm of office space available with access to meeting and conference rooms, hi-speed internet, kitchen, printing facilities and more, available at well below market rate. Ideally suited to a creative business but open to all. Contact Administrator Sarah Mott at email@example.com or 02 9319 0066 to find out more. Know someone looking? Let them know!
Focus on Next Wave
One of our favourite events for emerging and experimental artists is on now, and there are a bunch of opportunities clustered around the festival if you’re in town.
- Wild Tongue Vol. 2 – How Should an Artist Be?
Zine-Making Workshops + Exhibition
Upholding its agenda to disrupt prevailing narratives, Azja Kulpińska and Timmah Ball’s zine, Wild Tongue, now turns its attention to the struggles, joys and privileges of life as a creative practitioner.
Workshops – Wed 16 May, 5.30pm – 8.30pm | Southbank Library
Launch – Sat 19 May, 2pm – 4pm | Southbank Library
- Kickstart Helix | Information Sessions
Early career artists, curators, writers and producers – introducing Next Wave’s flagship development program.
Sat 19 May, 4pm | Workshop 2, Siteworks
- Embittered Swish | Performance Workshop
Trans and non-binary artists are invited to this workshop exploring confidence building, performance techniques and community. Travel bursaries available for rural trans people.
12pm-4pm Sat 19 May | Workshop 2 at Siteworks
Vitalstatistix | Adhocracy callout
Our favourite development site Adhocracy is back for 2018! EOIs are open for artists from across Australia to spend a week at the Workers’ Hall with the gang from Vitals in this unique national hothouse. Open to choreographers, dancers, writers, and other multidisciplinary artists, and South Australian artists can also apply to work with artist in residence Emily Johnson. EOIs close Mon 28 May.
International Society Of The Performing Arts | ISPA Congress registration open
Running 11 – 15 June this year, in the Leeuwarden-Friesland (The Netherlands), the 2018 Congress theme is Off The Beaten Track and will look at populism, landscape and the role of the performing arts. Registration is now open. More info
Performance Space | West Kowloon Exchange Residency
A new opportunity for an Australian artist working in experimental performance to expand their practice and networks into an Asia Pacific context. The selected artist will travel to Hong Kong for a two-week exchange program where they’ll work alongside international artists and undertake a series of creative and professional development activities. Applications close Sun 10 June. More info>>
Moogahlin Performing Arts | Yellamundie Applications now open
Our friends at Moogahlin have just opened applications for Yellamundie – the National First Peoples’ Playwriting Festival. Every two years, they feature a deadly lineup of some of the most exciting new work from Aboriginal and Torres Strait playwrights and theatremakers, with airfares, accommodation and wages while you’re there so you can focus on your script. Applications close Friday 1 June. More info
Vitalstatistix | First Nations Commission
Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander artists from across artistic disciplines and career stages are invited to apply for this opportunity. The selected artist or group will have around 15 months to develop the work from July 2018 – October 2019. They will receive: a $20,000 commission fee; a travel allowance; a residency opportunity at Vitalstatistix; curatorial and project management support from the Vitalstatistix and TARNANTHI teams; presentation in TARNANTHI 2019; and access to other professional support and networks. Applications close Mon 11 June. More info
A new residency program for mid-career female-identifying artists working across performance, sound and music. Located on the Bellarine Peninsula in Victoria, the Orange House by the Sea is the beautiful home of the late artist Margaret Cameron. Chosen artists receive 2 weeks accommodation, $3,000 artist fee (an additional contribution towards child care is available if required) and access to a Melbourne-based industry mentor. Applications close Fri 15 June. More info
Council for Humanities, Arts and Social Sciences | CHASS Australia Distinctive Work Prize & Future Leader Prize
Prizes available for performance, exhibition, project or specific policy development AND for an early career professional in any of the Humanities, Arts and Social Sciences fields. Nominations close Mon 2 July. More info
A New Approach | Keep up to date with the conversation
Announced last year, A New Approach was instigated by The Myer Foundation, Tim Fairfax Family Foundation, and the Keir Foundation to address the need for an authoritative and independent voice to advance Australia’s arts and cultural sector. To stay across key developments, sign up here for the newsletter, managed by The Australian Academy of the Humanities.
Theatre Network Australia (and friends) | Industry Forum: Young People and The Arts: The child as cultural citizen
Sue Giles (Artistic Director at Polyglot) delivers a keynote address following her recent Platform Paper. This is followed by sector updates and a panel discussion.
Wed 30 May, 3pm – 5.30pm | Australian Theatre for Young People (Pier 4/5 Hickson Road, Walsh Bay NSW)
- Arts Centre Melbourne | Executive Assistant. Applications close Sun 20 May. More info>>
- Musica Viva | Marketing Executive. Applications close Mon 21 May. More info>>
- HOTA, Home Of The Arts | Registrations Officer. Applications close Tues 22 May. More info>>
- Arts Centre Melbourne | Director, Customer Experience. Applications close Sun 27 May. More info>>
- Mackay Entertainment Convention Centre | Functions & Events Supervisor. Applications close Thurs 31 May. More info>>
- Regional Arts Australia | Marketing And Communications Consultant. Applications close Thurs 31 May. More info>>
- Footscray Community Arts Centre | Events Coordinator. Applications close Fri 1 June. More Info>>
- Australian Festival Of Chamber Music | Executive Director. Applications close Fri 1 June. More Info>>
- Artplay | Creative Producer – Children and Families. Applications close Sun 3 June. More info>>
- Arts Centre Melbourne | Manager, Venue Planning. Applications close Sun 3 June. More info>>
- Firstdraft | General Manager. Applications close Mon 4 June. More info>>
- Sydney Festival | Marketing Coordinator. Applications close Wed 6 June. More info>>
- Sydney Festival | Marketing & Publications Coordinator. Applications close Wed 6 June. More info>>
- Tasdance | Artistic Director. Applications close Tues 12 June. More info>
- National Institute of Dramatic Arts | Casual Vocational Tutor. Applications close 30 June. More info>>